On March 4-5 of 2019, 11th TIME conference was held. The event was an opportunity to meet business, suppliers, regulators and technologies. 56 speakers attended over 32 speeches and attracted over 900 people in two days.
I had a pleasure to open the conference with Key Note speech „Artificial Intelligence for Industry”. Part of the presentation attached below.
Copyrights of McKinsey and Company.
The changes that take place in the industry must be followed by changes in the regulatory environment. This, in turn, will translate into greater efficiency in resource management for companies.
In fact, it’s another stage in the development of the network economy and a business goal of investments in 5G networks, AI and technologies related to Industry 4.0.
The emerging business models give a competitive advantage to enterprises open to cooperation and interoperability. Their goal is to launch new mechanisms allowing for cost-effective sharing of resources with external entities. The growing importance of economies of scale, combined with the possibilities of more effective use of the potential offered by companies, encourage entering into new relationships.
The goal of the organizers of the Forum is to improve the environment for conducting business activities. Entrepreneurs, subject-matter experts, scientists and the representatives of the state administration hold the discussions. The results of the meeting will be used by business organizations as a cornerstone for their statutory activities.
The 11th TIME Economic Forum served as a pan-European platform for discussion on the consequences of the changes described above. The conclusions of the discussions held in the previous year were a call for acceleration of modernization processes. New technologies gain in importance in virtually every type of market. The size of the EU market is a true asset that comes with a number of development opportunities for the member states. However, these opportunities can by fully seized only thanks to close cooperation and rapid modernization of the regulatory framework of the EU single market. During the last year’s meetings, attention was paid to a number of issues of very high importance. The established postulates and conclusions were used to fuel discussions that currently are held across the entire EU. We stressed that effective consolidation and harmonization actions should be taken as soon as possible. Detailed conclusions were presented in separate reports and documents that are now used as a support for consultation processes related to the regulatory requirements for 5G networks, AI and Industry 4.0.
To summarize, our actions are aimed at supporting and justifying the following statements:
- in the coming years, the economic development will be driven by the Artificial Intelligence,
- the penetration by network will increase and deepen, therefore it is necessary to build conditions that will ensure interoperability of the connected products.
- the increase in the importance of network connections means that legal regulations have a growing impact on the shape of the market and the pace of technical and social development,
- the so-called economies of scale contently grow in importance, which translates into the need to create a unified law within large economic areas,
- the growing role of innovation and knowledge in socio-economic life will cause profound changes in the employment structure.
Conference website: Link
Summary of the conference: Link
More about Artificial Intelligence: